Chrome OS devices bring the unique benefit that you can build Android apps on them, and you can run Android apps on Chrome devices as well. You can deploy directly to the device you are coding on, which can make building and testing easier. Testing your app on Chrome OS helps you better understand the user experience and how to optimize your app’s experience for large screens and input support. Additionally, you will be able to deploy and test your app from your Chrome OS device to a phone, tablet, or another Chrome OS device.
- 8 GB RAM or more recommended
- 4 GB of available disk space minimum
- 1280 x 800 minimum screen resolution
- Intel i5 or higher (U series or higher) recommended
- Acer: Chromebook 13/Spin 13, Chromebox CXI3, Chromebook 712 [C871]
- ASUS: Chromebox 3, Chromebook Flip C436FA
- CTL: Chromebox CBx1
- Dell: Inspiron Chromebook 14, Latitude 5300 2-in-1 Chromebook Enterprise, Latitude 5400 Chromebook Enterprise
- HP: Chromebook x360 14, Chromebox G2, Chromebook x360 14c
- Lenovo: Yoga C630 Chromebook, Flex 5 Chromebook
- ViewSonic: NMP660 Chromebox
Supported Chromebooks can now run a full version of the Android Emulator, which allows developers to test apps on any Android version and device without needing the actual hardware. Android app developers can simulate map locations and other sensor data to test how an app performs with various motions, orientation, and environmental conditions. With the Android Emulator support in Chrome OS, developers can optimize for different Android versions and devices — including tablets and foldable smartphones — right from their Chromebook.
- Acer: Chromebook 712 [C871]
- ASUS: Chromebook Flip C436FA
- Dell: Latitude 5300 2-in-1 Chromebook Enterprise, Latitude 5400 Chromebook Enterprise
- HP: Chromebook x360 14c
- Lenovo: Flex 5 Chromebook
Topics in this section
Walkthrough the different ways developers can deploy their apps to Chromebooks, in order to debug and verify their app performance in the Chrome OS form factors.
Using the ARC graphics tracer to ensure ensure smooth, glitchless, jank-free animations for apps.
Learn about additional tools useful for Android development.